On november 7th composer Daan Manneke will turn 80. To celebrate this, many concerts have been organized. The Babel Foundation has taken the initiative to organize a symposium (meet and greet musicians, musicologists and students of Daan Manneke). Students and friends of Daan will offer him two lectures and a series of performances of his work that day. Main theme: “Daan as an artisan musician and as inspirator” From 10-16h at the Waalse Kerk in Amsterdam…
During this symposium there will be two world premieres of works written by (former) students of Daan. The host is Merlijn Twaalfhoven. Free entry.
Participants: Gerben Gritter, Wim Arts, Jos van der Kooy, Rokus de Groot, Matthijs Koene, Jelena Bazova, Karina Sabac, Marijn Simons and many more.
A selection of upcoming concerts:
• On November 3rd (18h)Daan Manneke will present at Podium Witteman op NPO2 TV with Ralph van Raat and chamber coir Amsemble
• On November 5th (17h) Willem Jeths will talk about Daan Manneke’s ‘Grote Archipel’ on NTR Radio4
• On November 6th, 16th and 17th ‘Breda viert Manneke‘ gives three concerts with his works.
• On November 7th Cappella Breda will perform several works of Daan Manneke at November Music in the Grote Kerk in Den Bosch
• On November 9th the pianists Jelena Basova, Kelvin Grout, Daniel Kramer, Geoffrey Madge, Hannes Minnaar and Ralph van Raat will perform ‘Grote Archipel’ at the Zeewse Concertzaal
More about the Symposium
All concerts around Daan80